Mesodermal commitment pathway (WP2857)
Model depicting mesodermal specification based on the literature and highly enriched gene expression profiles via comparison across dozens of independent induced and embryonic pluripotent stem cell lines, following differentiation to multiple lineages (ectoderm, mesoderm, endoderm, embryoid body). The underlying genomic data can be obtained from: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn1773109. Proteins on this pathway have targeted assays available via the [https://assays.cancer.gov/available_assays?wp_id=WP2857 CPTAC Assay Portal]
AuthorsNathan Salomonis , Kristina Hanspers , Mshel016 , Martina Summer-Kutmon , Elisa Cirillo , Egon Willighagen , Marvin Martens , and Eric Weitz
Discuss this pathway
Check for ongoing discussions or start your own.
- The m6A(m)-independent role of FTO in regulating WNT signaling pathways (2022).
- Biological Pathways Leading From ANGPTL8 to Diabetes Mellitus–A Co-expression Network Based Analysis (2018).
- Characteristic miRNA expression signature and random forest survival analysis identify potential cancer-driving miRNAs in a broad range of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma subtypes (2018).
Are you planning to include this pathway in your next publication? See How to Cite and add a link here to your paper once it's online.
Pathway Ontologyregulatory pathway
- T (Brachyury) is a direct target of Wnt3a during paraxial mesoderm specification. Yamaguchi TP, Takada S, Yoshikawa Y, Wu N, McMahon AP. Genes Dev. 1999 Dec 15;13(24):3185–90. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Hes7: a bHLH-type repressor gene regulated by Notch and expressed in the presomitic mesoderm. Bessho Y, Miyoshi G, Sakata R, Kageyama R. Genes Cells. 2001 Feb;6(2):175–85. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Dll1 is a downstream target of Tbx6 in the paraxial mesoderm. White PH, Chapman DL. Genesis. 2005 Jul;42(3):193–202. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Smad6 inhibits the transcriptional activity of Tbx6 by mediating its degradation. Chen YL, Liu B, Zhou ZN, Hu RY, Fei C, Xie ZH, et al. J Biol Chem. 2009 Aug 28;284(35):23481–90. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- The Nodal inhibitor Lefty is negatively modulated by the microRNA miR-302 in human embryonic stem cells. Barroso-delJesus A, Lucena-Aguilar G, Sanchez L, Ligero G, Gutierrez-Aranda I, Menendez P. FASEB J. 2011 May;25(5):1497–508. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Tbx6-dependent Sox2 regulation determines neural or mesodermal fate in axial stem cells. Takemoto T, Uchikawa M, Yoshida M, Bell DM, Lovell-Badge R, Papaioannou VE, et al. Nature. 2011 Feb 17;470(7334):394–8. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- miR-125b promotes early germ layer specification through Lin28/let-7d and preferential differentiation of mesoderm in human embryonic stem cells. Wong SSY, Ritner C, Ramachandran S, Aurigui J, Pitt C, Chandra P, et al. PLoS One. 2012;7(4):e36121. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia