Cell interactions of the pancreatic cancer microenvironment (WP5284)
The molecular interactions of different cells in the pancreatic cancer tumor microenvironment (TME). Pancreatic cancer cells have developed various ways of evading and manipulating the immune system, and the TME plays an essential role in this. Various molecular interactions are involved in the interactions between cells in the TME.
AuthorsIsabel Wassink and Martina Summer-Kutmon
Discuss this pathway
Check for ongoing discussions or start your own.
Are you planning to include this pathway in your next publication? See How to Cite and add a link here to your paper once it's online.
Disease Ontologypancreatic cancer
Pathway Ontologypancreatic cancer pathway
- BAG3 promotes pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma growth by activating stromal macrophages. Rosati A, Basile A, D’Auria R, d’Avenia M, De Marco M, Falco A, et al. Nat Commun. 2015 Nov 2;6:8695. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- VEGF Expression in Pancreatic Cancer and Other Malignancies: A Review of the Literature. Costache MI, Ioana M, Iordache S, Ene D, Costache CA, Săftoiu A. Rom J Intern Med. 2015;53(3):199–208. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Novel regulatory role of neuropilin-1 in endothelial-to-mesenchymal transition and fibrosis in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Matkar PN, Singh KK, Rudenko D, Kim YJ, Kuliszewski MA, Prud’homme GJ, et al. Oncotarget. 2016 Oct 25;7(43):69489–506. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- LAG3 (CD223) as a cancer immunotherapy target. Andrews LP, Marciscano AE, Drake CG, Vignali DAA. Immunol Rev. 2017 Mar;276(1):80–96. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Broadening the Impact of Immunotherapy to Pancreatic Cancer: Challenges and Opportunities. Balachandran VP, Beatty GL, Dougan SK. Gastroenterology. 2019 May;156(7):2056–72. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Current advances and outlooks in immunotherapy for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Fan JQ, Wang MF, Chen HL, Shang D, Das JK, Song J. Mol Cancer. 2020 Feb 15;19(1):32. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia