NRF2 pathway (WP2884)
NRF2 is part of a group of transcription factors called nuclear receptors. It is activated under oxidative stress conditions and subsequently activates several antioxidative genes and proteins. Proteins on this pathway have targeted assays available via the [https://assays.cancer.gov/available_assays?wp_id=WP2884 CPTAC Assay Portal]
AuthorsRianne Fijten , Bart Smeets , Friederike Ehrhart , Egon Willighagen , Zahra Roudbari , Martina Summer-Kutmon , Elisa Cirillo , Alex Pico , Lauren J. Dupuis , Susan Coort , and Kristina Hanspers
Discuss this pathway
Check for ongoing discussions or start your own.
- Early transcriptional responses of bronchial epithelial cells to whole cigarette smoke mirror those of in-vivo exposed human bronchial mucosa (2022).
- Tumour Stem Cells in Breast Cancer (2022).
- Recurring exposure to low humidity induces transcriptional and protein level changes in the vocal folds of rabbits (2021).
- Copy Number Variants Captured by the Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization in a Cohort of Patients Affected with Hereditary Colorectal Cancer in Sri Lanka: The First CNV Analysis Study of the Hereditary Colorectal Cancer in the Sri Lankan Population (2021).
- Proteostasis regulators modulate proteasomal activity and gene expression to attenuate multiple phenotypes in Fabry disease (2020).
- Transcriptional response of cultured porcine intestinal epithelial cells to micro algae extracts in the presence and absence of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (2019).
- Dose and Time Dependencies in Stress Pathway Responses during Chemical Exposure: Novel Insights from Gene Regulatory Networks (2017).
- DTNI: a novel toxicogenomics data analysis tool for identifying the molecular mechanisms underlying the adverse effects of toxic compounds (2016).
Are you planning to include this pathway in your next publication? See How to Cite and add a link here to your paper once it's online.
Pathway Ontologyregulatory pathway nuclear factor, erythroid 2 like 2 signaling pathway
- The GI-GPx gene is a target for Nrf2. Banning A, Deubel S, Kluth D, Zhou Z, Brigelius-Flohé R. Mol Cell Biol. 2005 Jun;25(12):4914–23. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- NRF2 and KEAP1 mutations: permanent activation of an adaptive response in cancer. Hayes JD, McMahon M. Trends Biochem Sci. 2009 Apr;34(4):176–88. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Nrf2 target genes are induced under marginal selenium-deficiency. Müller M, Banning A, Brigelius-Flohé R, Kipp A. Genes Nutr. 2010 Dec;5(4):297–307. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- From differential induction of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases in rat liver to characterization of responsible ligand-activated transcription factors, and their multilevel crosstalk in humans. Bock KW. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011 Jul 1;82(1):9–16. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Pathways for ligand activated nuclear receptors to unravel the genomic responses induced by hepatotoxicants. Fijten RRR, Jennen DGJ, van Delft JHM. Curr Drug Metab. 2013 Dec;14(10):1022–8. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia