Interleukin-1 (IL-1) structural pathway (WP2637)
IL-1 signaling pathway reconstructed by combining related pathways and information from the literature. This detailed map of IL-1 signaling presents the protein-protein interactions and the resulting cellular events. The colored nodes represent proteins having experimentally identified 3D structures and the white nodes are the proteins without 3D structures. The edges represent protein-protein interactions (straight/dashed arrows relate to available/unavailable 3D structures of proteins) or associations leading to cellular events such as cell cycle or gene expression (dashed arrows beginning with circular heads). doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003470.g002 Pathway published in http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pcbi.1003470 Proteins on this pathway have targeted assays available via the [https://assays.cancer.gov/available_assays?wp_id=WP2637 CPTAC Assay Portal].
AuthorsAndra Waagmeester , Martina Summer-Kutmon , Zahra Roudbari , Egon Willighagen , Marianthi Kalafati , Kristina Hanspers , Alex Pico , and Eric Weitz
Discuss this pathway
Check for ongoing discussions or start your own.
Are you planning to include this pathway in your next publication? See How to Cite and add a link here to your paper once it's online.
Pathway Ontologysignaling pathway interleukin-1 signaling pathway
- Mammalian MAP kinase signalling cascades. Chang L, Karin M. Nature. 2001 Mar 1;410(6824):37–40. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Annotating genes with potential roles in the immune system: six new members of the IL-1 family. Dunn E, Sims JE, Nicklin MJ, O’Neill LA. Trends Immunol. 2001 Oct;22(10):533–6. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- A new nomenclature for IL-1-family genes. Sims JE, Nicklin MJ, Bazan JF, Barton JL, Busfield SJ, Ford JE, et al. Trends Immunol. 2001 Oct;22(10):536–7. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Increased expression of interleukin-1 receptor type 1 in active endometriotic lesions. Lawson C, Al-Akoum M, Maheux R, Akoum A. Reproduction. 2007 Jan;133(1):265–74. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Cloning IL-1 and the birth of a new era in cytokine biology. Pizarro TT, Cominelli F. J Immunol. 2007 May 1;178(9):5411–2. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- The inflammasomes: guardians of the body. Martinon F, Mayor A, Tschopp J. Annu Rev Immunol. 2009;27:229–65. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- O-GlcNAcylation of TAB1 modulates TAK1-mediated cytokine release. Pathak S, Borodkin VS, Albarbarawi O, Campbell DG, Ibrahim A, van Aalten DM. EMBO J. 2012 Mar 21;31(6):1394–404. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- The structural pathway of interleukin 1 (IL-1) initiated signaling reveals mechanisms of oncogenic mutations and SNPs in inflammation and cancer. Acuner Ozbabacan SE, Gursoy A, Nussinov R, Keskin O. PLoS Comput Biol. 2014 Feb 13;10(2):e1003470. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia