Neural crest differentiation (WP2064)
Gene regulatory network model of cranial neural crest cell (CNCC) development, adaped from PMID: 19575671. Most interactions in the model are proposed to regulate transcription of core factors involved involved in neural crest and downstream progenitor specification. Transcriptional regulation arrows are proposed to promote transcription, unless a graphical T-bar is present at the end of the arrow (commented to be inhibitors of transcriptional regulation). Additional gene information was obtained from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53143 When citing this pathway, please reference the source publication (PMID: 19575671). Proteins on this pathway have targeted assays available via the [https://assays.cancer.gov/available_assays?wp_id=WP2064 CPTAC Assay Portal]
AuthorsNathan Salomonis , Kristina Hanspers , Zahra Roudbari , Egon Willighagen , and Eric Weitz
Discuss this pathway
Check for ongoing discussions or start your own.
- Fish as Model Systems to Study Epigenetic Drivers in Human Self-Domestication and Neurodevelopmental Cognitive Disorders (2022).
- A proteomic signature that reflects pancreatic beta-cell function (2018).
Are you planning to include this pathway in your next publication? See How to Cite and add a link here to your paper once it's online.
Pathway Ontologyregulatory pathway
Cell Type Ontologyneural crest derived neuron migratory cranial neural crest cell
- Hoxb1 neural crest preferentially form glia of the PNS. Arenkiel BR, Gaufo GO, Capecchi MR. Dev Dyn. 2003 Jul;227(3):379–86. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Reiterated Wnt signaling during zebrafish neural crest development. Lewis JL, Bonner J, Modrell M, Ragland JW, Moon RT, Dorsky RI, et al. Development. 2004 Mar;131(6):1299–308. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- The basic helix-loop-helix olig3 establishes the neural plate boundary of the trunk and is necessary for development of the dorsal spinal cord. Filippi A, Tiso N, Deflorian G, Zecchin E, Bortolussi M, Argenton F. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005 Mar 22;102(12):4377–82. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- AP2-dependent signals from the ectoderm regulate craniofacial development in the zebrafish embryo. Knight RD, Javidan Y, Zhang T, Nelson S, Schilling TF. Development. 2005 Jul;132(13):3127–38. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- The TLX2 homeobox gene is a transcriptional target of PHOX2B in neural-crest-derived cells. Borghini S, Bachetti T, Fava M, Di Duca M, Cargnin F, Fornasari D, et al. Biochem J. 2006 Apr 15;395(2):355–61. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Generation and maintenance of Dmbx1 gene-targeted mutant alleles. Ohtoshi A, Bradley A, Behringer RR, Nishijima I. Mamm Genome. 2006 Jul;17(7):744–50. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Assembling neural crest regulatory circuits into a gene regulatory network. Betancur P, Bronner-Fraser M, Sauka-Spengler T. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2010;26:581–603. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- A divergent Tbx6-related gene and Tbx6 are both required for neural crest and intermediate mesoderm development in Xenopus. Callery EM, Thomsen GH, Smith JC. Dev Biol. 2010 Apr 1;340(1):75–87. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Protogenin, a new member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, is implicated in the development of the mouse lower first molar. Takahashi KF, Kiyoshima T, Kobayashi I, Xie M, Yamaza H, Fujiwara H, et al. BMC Dev Biol. 2010 Nov 25;10:115. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia
- Identification of novel Hoxa1 downstream targets regulating hindbrain, neural crest and inner ear development. Makki N, Capecchi MR. Dev Biol. 2011 Sep 15;357(2):295–304. PubMed Europe PMC Scholia